Expert Dog and Cat Ophthalmology Services in Tulsa
The Animal Emergency Center of Tulsa works closely with our neighbors, the Animal Eye Clinic for ophthalmology cases. The veterinarian at the Animal Eye Clinic is Dr. Robert Gwin, a diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists. Dog and cat eye conditions can come in many forms from eye injuries that demand immediate care to slow-growing conditions that need timely treatments. Whatever the problem, our dog and cat ophthalmology services can provide the solution.
Common Pet Eye Problems
Common eye problems for cats and dogs include:
- Cataracts (cloudiness in the lens of the eye)
- Corneal dystrophy (degeneration of tissues)
- Corneal ulcers (abrasion of the outer layer of the eye)
- Cherry eye (displaced third eyelid, or prolapsed gland)
- Dry eye (lack of tear production)
- Entropion – (rolling of the eyelid inward, causing the hairs to brush the eyeball)
- Eyelid tumors (benign or malignant)
- Glaucoma (increased pressure within the eye)
- Ocular trauma (eye injury)
Treatments for Dog and Cat Eye Conditions
Please contact Dr. Gwin's office at 800-256-6454 for more information about pet ophthalmology services!